Top 6 Easy SEO Tips for Your Business
When done right, search engine optimization (or SEO) dramatically improves your website's ranking in Google searches and Google's images category.
Here are our top tips for SEO:
1. KEYWORDS - Utilize both high-ranking and low-ranking keywords in your content (just like you would with hashtags on Instagram) and make sure you consider long-tail keywords too!
2. META DESCRIPTION - A meta description is an HTML tag that provides a brief description of the content on a webpage. It appears in search engine search results and is a critical component of good SEO. A good meta description:
🔍 is between 120 - 155 characters long.
🔍 concise description with keywords.
🔍 uses an active voice and is actionable.
🔍 includes a CTA.
🔍 matches the content of your page.
🔍 is unique to your page.
2. IMAGE TEXT - Add Alt Text to every image. This is just as searchable as text content! When adding Alt Text, remember to:
📸 Name your image properly. Give it a description, and tell the viewer what it's about.
📸 Include your business name, service name, or product name in alt text.
📸 Resize images to the correct display dimensions.
📸 Compress images. Loading time and speed optimization is important, the web will penalize you if it takes too long to load.
📸 Select the correct file format.
📸 Implement "lazy loading" via your website.
3. LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES - This is not a bad thing! It helps to build your online trust if you link to trustworthy relevant sites that can help your audience. Link to other websites/social from your website with relevant content.
4. SOCIAL SIGNALS - Use other social media platforms to help boost your SEO.
5. AUDIT - Do an annual Content and SEO audit to make sure you're on track!
SEO is not only important for your website, but also for your business. By following these tips you can ensure that your website is optimized for search engines and your audience. This will help you attract more visitors, generate more leads, and increase your conversions. SEO is a long-term strategy that requires constant monitoring and improvement. Don’t wait until it’s too late to start optimizing your website. Start today and see the difference it makes for your business!